Friday, February 12, 2016

Colored Pencils Galore

Color matching pencils to the actual nineteenth century engravings was no chore.  I loved every minute of it.  When I walked into my local Blick's with those Victorian fashion magazines, the staff couldn't stop looking at them.  We flipped the pages and tried to find matching colors in two types of colored pencils--the Blicks brand and those made by Prismacolor.  In the front of both Coloring the Past and Victorian Hats, there is a chart that tells you the number and color of the pencils I selected.  You can buy all the Blicks brand pencils separately.  I now own two sets of Prismacolor pencils expressly for making sure those fashion plates ring true.  If you'd like to buy the actual pencils used to create these charts, try the Blicks website


Related Posts with Thumbnails