Sunday, June 01, 2014

Fashionable Folks Hairstyles versus Hairstyles 1840-1900

If you go to Amazon.com (or my website) you'll see two titles by me on the same subject. 




This is the old edition.  I'm going to retire this title on July 1st.  It's all black and white.








This is the new edition with all color layouts, new information and about fifty percent more pictures--of men, women and children.There is even a short section on unusual hair.















I've noticed that there have been several orders for the older version. Since I don't want my customers to get confused about which edition they are ordering, I'm discontinuing the black and white version. Color printing makes these nineteenth century photos look so much better than those in gray scale.

This book inspired my lecture Hairsteria: Ancestral Photos and Their Celebrity Look-alikes.  I love the sound of laughter from the audience when I show off these images.  It can be combined with my lecture on hats for Hairsteria and Mad as a Hatter. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails