Monday, September 21, 2009

Web News: Live Roots

I've had several chances to stop by the Live Roots booth at national conferences, but haven't really tried the site until today. Fascinating! I searched my name to see what would turn up and found a partial bibliography of my books and articles as well as a link to my website. That was fun and useful. Live Roots launched in October 2008 and is more than a search engine. There are original sources on the site. Searching is free. If any of your hits cost money, you'll see a dollar sign next to the link. I have a feeling that I'll be spending more time on the site. Like many genealogists, I have a lot of brick walls in my family tree and can use all the help I can find to solve them. This new research tool might just connect me with the information I need.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails