Monday, August 25, 2008

Today Show News

This morning my phone rang and a friend said, "Are you the Maureen Taylor just mentioned on the Today Show?" Uh, yes I replied. I'd missed it! Earlier this year a producer from the Today Show contacted me to ask if I was the genealogist that researched Meredith Vieira's family tree for a segment on the View. Yes, indeed. So for several weeks this spring and summer I shared what I knew about the co-host's family and did a little more digging. I created a family tree for the producer using Ancestry.com so that I could post what I knew and other researchers overseas could add more detail. The end result, a big thank you on the Today Show. Thank you Meredith and Angela! Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Miriam Robbins said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

DearMYRTLE said...

DearMAUREEN,
The folks at NBC placed the video on the web -- so you can view the fruits of your labor.

See:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26389261#26344326

Randy Seaver said...

It was a very well done piece.

Will you share your research work process with us at some point?

Did you work on Matt Lauer's and Al Roker's pieces too?

I'm hoping that they'll at least sohw your picture or give you a few words in one of the later segments.

Congrats -- Randy

Related Posts with Thumbnails