Monday, July 28, 2008

Facebook as a Networking Tool

A little more than month ago, I signed up for Face Book. Even if you don't have a profile on the site, you've probably heard about it. I'm amazed at the number of folks I've met (virtually, of course) via my profile. I use it to organize my genealogical life. Here's what I do with it (and I'm still a newbie).
  • Add applications such as We're Related and Family Tree. My favorite photo editing tool, Picnik is also an application.
  • Make pages for my business. Sign up to be a fan of the Photo Detective by clicking on my page.
  • Put all the blogs I read in one place on my profile.
  • Broadcast my heritage.
  • Keep in touch with friends and find out what they are doing.
I'm just figuring out everything I can do with Face Book. I haven't even had time to add my family history and photos yet. Try it and see!

1 comments:

Kathryn Doyle said...

So, it's only been a little more than a month since you dragged me onto fb? Now we measure time in "friends" instead of days!

Related Posts with Thumbnails