Friday, May 09, 2008

Photos as Literary Fodder

Years ago Jack Finney used photos of old New York in his book Time and Again (available from the store on my website). It's a bit of a cult classic in some circles. You can read more about it in a Wikipedia article. While Finney's book is considered an illustrated novel there are plenty of fictional works that incorporate pictures into the story line. I'm going to turn the comments section of my blog on this week so that you can send me your favorite books mention old photos. Be nice! The inspiration for this posting is a book review in the Santa Cruz Sentinel (California) for Jonathan Coe's Rain Before It Falls (Knopf). The main character tapes descriptions of 20 photos for a blind relative. I haven't read it yet, but because it features photos I'll put it on my booklist for summer reading.
Related Posts with Thumbnails