Friday, October 12, 2007

Wall Street Journal News!

Have you seen the Wall Street Journal today? If not, take a look at the front page of the Weekend Journal section. Journalist Alexandra Alter spent three months alternately interviewing me, my clients and colleagues for a story on my Photo Detective business. I was able to convey to the reporter how important photo history is to every family. Each image is an opportunity to recognize the place of history in our everyday lives. If you want to see an archive of my photo identifications check out the FamilyTreeMagazine website and my Photo Detective blog. I love looking at family pictures and discovering the story behind each one by looking at clothing, photo history, family history and every little detail in the image. Take a look at the article online then watch and listen to my video. I've solved three photo cases. Sit back and enjoy the show. I used the services of Voice Quilt to record the audio and MyFamily.com's Snapgenie program for the rest.
clipped from online.wsj.com

The Photo Detective

The Photo Detective

Does the shoebox in the attic hold family secrets? Alexandra Alter on how one expert unlocks the past.
By ALEXANDRA ALTER October 12, 2007; Page W1

Maureen Taylor has dated a photograph to 1913 by studying the size and shape of a Lion touring car's headlamps. Armed with her collection of 19th-century fashion magazines, she can pinpoint the brief period when Victorian women wore their bangs in tight curls rather than swept back. Using a technique borrowed from the CIA, she identified a photo of Jesse James by examining the shape of his right ear.

blog it

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails